Happy August, FertileBrains Readers!
Here’s last month, July’s Google Analytics Monthly Site Stats and Alexa Rank for your reference.
Observations and Lessons Learned
- The number of visitors to my blog has tripled (Yay!!) as compared to the last few months, which means things are finally inching upwards after months of straight lines or dips.
- The pageviews are still not in a respectable bracket, but when I compare it to my page views of, say March this year, it is 4+ times increase!
- This may have something to do with the aggressive social media marketing that I have been doing of late (which my old self will label as “borderline spammy”).
- But what I have learned in my almost two years of blogging (after many months of faulty social media strategy) is that nobody will discover your content until and unless you promote it proactively. I have seen this in action this month when I have written fewer posts than usual and still gotten more page views than before.
- So, if you are a newbie blogger reading this, you must remember to promote your content almost as much as you focus on writing good, evergreen posts, if not more.
Other FertileBrains Updates
Top Three Posts Of The Month
Here are the top three posts which have done exceptionally well (at least by my standards!) in July. So, if you haven’t read them yet, please do stop by and check them out.
- 11 Parenting Laws That Every Mom And Dad Should Know – Shared 2.9K times at the time of writing this post
- The Four Kinds Of Picky Eaters (Infographic) – Shared 1.9K times at the time of writing this post
- 10 Signs That You Have A Strong-Willed Child – Shared 568 times at the time of writing this post
Publications On Other Renowned Sites
Two of FertileBrains posts were published on other sites this month, one original in Parent Co., one republication on Mamapedia.
- Parent Co. – The version of me my son will never know
- Mamapedia – What I stopped fast-forwarding commercials during kids’ shows
- Complete List of all Publications
Top Three Site Referrers
Below are the top three referrers of traffic to my site this month. Facebook used to be the topmost until very recently. But now, Pinterest has exceeded the referrals because I have finally started focusing on that platform for blog promotions. I am glad that Search Engines are my third best traffic generators because my months of paying attention to SEO has started paying off.
- Search Engines
All this progress at FertileBrains would be impossible if not for the continued collective support of all of you, dear readers and the encouragement that I keep receiving both on- and offline to keep going. So thank you for that!
I look forward to providing entertainment and value through this platform in August too and would heavily bank on your continued support to keep moving forward.
As always, I hope to keep seeing you tumble down the rabbit hole into the wonderland of parenting and beyond with us!
|Disclaimer: FertileBrains earns it's running costs through advertisements, affiliate links (rare) and sponsored third party content hosted here from time to time. Responsibility for the quality of such content rests with the sponsors/owners of that content and FertileBrains is not responsible for any errors or omissions in them. Again, any hyperlink from FertileBrains to another website does not automatically imply endorsement, support, or sponsorship of that website nor of the information and/or products provided. Such hyperlinks are included for additional reference/convenience only.|