About This Series
“Free e-book of the week” combines two of my favorite things – Books and Free 😉 This is my way of nudging the hibernating (ahem! to be honest, almost on the verge of a coma) bookworm in me (and hopefully in many other parents out there like me) out of slumber and back into the reading habit. Through this series, I hope to introduce good e-books and authors to FertileBrains Readers and in the process re-ignite my and others love for books. I will be talking mostly about children’s books and parenting books in this series, but may digress from time to time to include any other interesting reads I may encounter on the way.
Terry Treetop And The Lost Egg
Last week, I reviewed a quite useful children’s kindle ebook called “I Love To Keep My Room Clean” by Author Shelley Admont. This week I am reviewing an e-book for nature-loving kids from the Terry Treetop series called ‘Terry Treetop And The Lost Egg‘ by Author Tali Carmi and illustrated by Mindy Liang.
For the uninitiated, Kindle e-books are not just for reading them through your kindle reader. You can read them even if you do not own a kindle. Any phone, tablet or PC can be used for reading these e-books by installing the corresponding app for free on your respective devices. Please refer to this link for more information and download options.
About The Book
Terry Treetop is excited to go camping with his family this summer. But when he arrives at the campsite and starts exploring, he finds an egg under a tree. Determined to reunite the egg with its mommy, Terry Treetop begins exploring his surrounds and starts asking different animals and birds if they have lost an egg. Is Terry successful in his quest? Is the egg reunited with its mother? Read on to find out what happens next.
- This rhyming book is perfect for your nature-loving kids under 6. They would absolutely enjoy reading it with you during the quiet afternoon hours or at bedtime.
- The illustrations by Mindy Liang are beautiful and endearing just like in the author’s other books and the children are quite fascinated by them. Terry Treetop is a chubby, inquisitive and adorable kid which the children can very easily relate to and love.
- Although the book description says it is a beginning reader, I disagree. This is a good book to be read to the little children under 6 by their parents but I don’t think they can read it by themselves yet as they are going to need help reading and rhyming with this book.
- It’s a good book to teach children about different animals like turtles, frogs, alligators etc. and their habitats and their egg hiding/hatching ways.
- Another good thing about the author’s books is that these books are available in multiple languages.
- What I did not like about the kindle edition of this book is that the paragraphs are not formatted correctly and some pages only have a couple of lines in them which breaks the continuity and rhythm of the book.
- But all in all, this is a good book to add to your little children’s library especially if they enjoy reading and learning about nature.
About The Author
Author Tali Carmi is a happily married mom with three children. She spent her childhood in a small town in the desert where she memorized and knew by heart many books that her parents read to her when she was very little. As a child, she loved playing with words and rhymes and wrote her first book of songs at the age of ten. After many years of turning to other hobbies and maintaining a successful career, she now writes for young children again. Tali is the CEO and founder of a software company and a business coach focused on the fast growth and success of small businesses.
You can visit this link for many free printables (books, coloring pages, puzzles) etc. from the author’s published books.
Check out my and sonny’s other shortlisted books by Author Tali Carmi on Amazon:
So what are you waiting for? Check out this book “kids books: Terry Treetop and the Lost Egg: (Animal habitats) (values book) (Rhymes eBook) (Adventure & Education for children) (Preschool) (Beginner reader … Books for Early & Beginner Readers Book 3)” on Amazon today!
PS: Don’t forget to share your views on this series in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: The book showcased in this series is available for free at the time of publishing this post. However, FertileBrains has no control over when the book’s value changes or when this book is pulled out of circulation. It is solely the discretion and ownership of the showcased book’s author/publisher.